Kitronik Bump and Spin Kit plus batteries
This board allows a PICAXE 08M2 (not included) to drive two 6V motors bidirectionally and also has space for an input such as a micro switch. The motor driver IC is pre-mounted on the PCB, leaving the remaining capacitors, resistors and other components to be soldered to complete the kit. The bump and spin kit takes care of the electronics so you can focus on designing a buggy and programming it!
The board is supplied with a 3.5mm stereo jack for programming. When programming the board a small slide switch needs to be set to 'PROG' and on completion be set to 'RUN' (This is done to make full use of the microcontroller IO pins). The input pads have a pull down resistor and a de-bounce capacitor allowing a switch to be connected to the board and the PIC programmed to respond to it with the minimum effort. The motors are driven by the DRV8833 motor driver IC which is pre-mounted on the board, this will drive 1.5A motors so has plenty enough power for most projects. The kit is supplied with a 4xAA battery cage to power the board.
- 'Bump' detection input or other sensor input.
- Drives two motors, with full direction control.
- 1.5 Amp drive per motor.
- 1 x Stereo PCB Socket.
- 1 x Miniature PCB Mount Slide Switch.
- 1 x 1N4148 Signal Diode.
- 2 x 10K Resistor.
- 1 x 22K Resistor.
- 3 x Capacitor, Electrolytic, 16V, 220uF.
- 3 x Capacitor, Ceramic, 50V, 100nF.
- 1 x Capacitor, Ceramic, 50V, 10nF.
- 1 x IC Socket 8 Pin.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 4xAA Battery Cage with Clip.
- 1 x Bump and spin PCB, pre-populated with the surface mount DRV8833PWPR motor driver IC.
- Length: 58mm.
- Width: 43mm.
- 1 x PICAXE 08M2.
- 4 x AA Batteries.
- 2 x Micro Switch (Long Lever) or similar.
- 1 x Twin Motor Gearbox Kit or similar.
- Soldering Iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- A computer with PICAXE programming editor software or similar installed on it.
- PICAXE USB Download Cable.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
- Test Program.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2156.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
This bump and spin kit is designed to be used with an 8 pin PICAXE chip or similar, we do however do a kit specifically designed to take the BBC micro:bit edge connector. Please see:
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.