The BOT120 PICAXE 20X2 Microbot is a simple to assemble kit that uses a unique design which requires no soldering of wires to build and/or reconfigure a versatile robot. At the heart of the Microbot is a motherboard which contains a powerful PICAXE 20X2 microcontroller which can be programmed using flowcharts using the ‘Logicator for PICAXE’ software or in the PICAXE BASIC language. The Microbot can be programmed on Windows, Linux and Mac computer systems. Programs are downloaded via the AXE027 USB cable (purchase separately).
The Microbot motherboard is also fitted with a battery box, 2 motors to create movement, a Piezo sounder to make sounds, two LED ‘eyes’, a push switch and a download socket for connecting the AXE027 USB programming cable.
Various input/output modules can also be easily connected to the motherboard via the unique patented ‘microbric edge’ and connector 'bric'. A ‘microbric edge’ consists of three conductors (+ V, 0V and Data). The plastic bric is used to connect two ‘microbric edges’ together and then clamping nut/bolts are used to complete the electrical connection and to physically hold the assembly together.
The starter pack contains a number of modules including bumper, line tracker, pen holder and a servo connector.
PICAXE Programming System
The ‘brain’ of the Microbot is a powerful PICAXE-20X2 microcontroller that can be reprogrammed by the end user. Therefore the Microbot can be easily customised and programmed with new features as required. For further details about using the PICAXE system please see the PICAXE manuals, which are available as a free download from www.picaxe.com
This manual includes side by side examples of both ‘PICAXE BASIC’ and ‘Logicator flowchart’ programs. Either can be used to program Microbot.
Microbot Power Supply
The Microbot is designed to run at 4.5V from 3 x AAA (LR03, 24A) size batteries (not supplied). Good quality alkaline batteries are recommended. Always ensure the batteries are connected the correct way around and do not mix new and old, or different types, of batteries together.
If the Microbot fails to operate or moves erratically try replacing the batteries. Please dispose of old batteries by taking to a recycling centre.
Click here to download the instructions for this product.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.