Be inspired by these King & Queen inspired perspex Royals Sheets (Metallic), measuring 3mm x 600mm x 400mm. They have a luxury silk texture and metallic shimmer, with a chromatic effect, producing a colour shift across the surface as the viewing angle changes. They were specifically developed with the retail industry in mind to add luxury to product displays looking for that extra special touch.
It has a single sided surface effect on the showface. The beauty of the Perspex Royals effect is due to the nature of the pigments used reflecting light in a number of directions. Some variation in natural or perceived colour will occur. This natural variation will also provide a directional effect. Adjoining samples should therefore be cut in the same plane.
- Luxury silk texture and metallic shimmer.
- A unique colour shift capability.
- Strong, durable and hard wearing.
- Easy to shape and style.
- Light weight and easy to handle.
- Specifically developed with the retail industry in mind to add luxury to product displays.
- 100% recyclable.
- Retail point of sale.
- Shop fitting.
- Interior design.
- Architectural features.
Working with Perspex acrylic sheets:
Perspex is a versatile material that can be cut, drilled, laser cut and thermoformed. Note when laser cutting place the rear side of the Perspex to the top, so the laser is not bouncing off the reflective surface.
Perspex is a thermoplastic which means that when it is heated above 140-180°C it becomes flexible. This allows the material to be formed into the requiBlue shape or bent. Once the material cools below 85°C it becomes rigid again.
Perspex sheets are often shaped using a CNC router or laser cutter. The edge of laser cut Perspex has a pleasing polished look. If you look carefully at the edge of a piece of laser cut Perspex you can often see slight vertical lines that are caused by the pulses a laser uses when cutting.
If you want to get a perfectly smooth finish on the edge of piece of machined Perspex a polishing technique can be used. Typical polishing techniques include diamond polishing and flame polishing.
It also possible to etch the surface of a Perspex sheet using a laser cutter. This can produce some very pleasing visual effects. The Perspex sheets have a protective film on both faces. If you are etching the material then this should be removed from the surface that is to be etched. If you are just laser cutting then this film can be left in place (if you wish) as it does not create any harmful gases when it is laser cut (unlike PVC).
More detailed information and resources on working with Perspex can be found in our resource section.
- 1 x Perspex Royals Sheets (Metallic), measuring 3mm x 600mm x 400mm.
Perspex colour reference codes:
- King Henry Red: SK 4PY2.
- Queen Marie Gold: SK 5PY8.
- King Louis Silver: SK 4PY2.
- King George Purple: SK 8PY0.
- Queen Isabella Green: SK 6PY0.
- Queen Elizabeth Blue: SK 7PY0.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (nominal).
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of cast Perspex acrylic sheets are the stated thickness +/-10% plus +/- 0.4mm. This means a 3mm Perspex sheet could be between 2.3mm and 3.7mm in thickness.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, wooden boxes, HIPS and MDF sheet orders (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPs, wooden boxes, and MDF sheets (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
It would depend on the power of the cutter, a very low power cutter might not be able to but the material is suitable for laser cutting.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.