The MINI.MU is MI.MU's make-it-yourself musical microbit glove for kids. It is a collaboration between musician Imogen Heap, creative technologist and children’s author Helen Leigh, Pimoroni and the MI.MU glove team. This kit uses the popular, versatile micro:bit to create a friendly, simple and fun crafty musical code experience.
Everything is included to make a musical glove from scratch, with no crafting, coding or electronics knowledge required. Once the first craft and code activity had been completed, the experience really begins. The MINI.MU encourages creative coding, allowing progression from simple block code and 8-bit tunes to more advanced interactions and wireless communication with professional music software.
Accompanying the MINI.MU kit will be YouTube tutorials and demos, coding challenges and downloadable teacher notes. As part of the micro:bit and MI.MU glove communities, users will be supported by experienced makers and educators.
Suitability will vary based on experience and knowledge, but we recommend this kit as follows:
Ages 6 and up: With full adult-assistance for sewing and coding.
Ages 8 and up: With some adult-assistance for sewing and coding.
Ages 10+: Minimal adult-assistance to get started.
- We would not recommend this kit for ages 5 and below.
- The sharp needle and small parts make this kit unsuitable for ages 3 and under.
- Make a musical glove from scratch, with no crafting, coding or electronics knowledge required.
- Everything you need is included, just add scissors and a microbit.
- Suitable for children of 6 years old (with adult assistance) and up.
- Complexity of projects can scale up to suit the skill of the user.
- Felt with screen-printed glove patterns.
- MINI.MU sewable speaker.
- Needle and thread.
- Crocodile clips.
- Battery pack.
- 2x AAA batteries.
- USB data cable.
- Instructions: how to make, wire, code, and play.
- A BBC micro:bit.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Thank you for your question, I believe that there is one in the works but it is not completed yet I am afraid.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.