This compact breakout board for ROHM’s BD65496MUV motor driver offers an operating voltage range of 2V to 16V and can deliver a continuous 1.2A (5A peak for a few milliseconds) to a single brushed DC motor. The motor driver features variable switching speed, allowing for PWM frequencies up to 500kHz, two drive mode options, and built-in under-voltage and over-temperature protection; this carrier also adds reverse-voltage protection.
The BD65496MUV from ROHM is a tiny H-bridge motor driver IC that can be used for bidirectional control of one brushed DC motor at 2V to 16V. It can supply up to about 1.2A continuously and can tolerate peak currents up to 5A for a few milliseconds. The BD65496MUV is a great IC, but its small surface-mount package makes it difficult for the typical student or hobbyist to use; the breakout board makes it easy to use with standard solderless breadboards and 2.54mm perfboards. The board ships populated with SMD components, including the BD65496MUV and a reverse battery protection circuit.
- Single-channel H-bridge motor driver with shoot-through protection and internal free-wheeling diodes (can drive one DC motor).
- Under-voltage lockout on the logic supply and protection against over-temperature.
- Carrier board adds reverse-voltage protection on the motor supply.
- Compact size.
- Can be used to control the N20 50:1, N20 298:1 and Plastic gearmotors.
- 1 x BD65496MUV Single Brushed DC Motor Driver Carrier.
- PCB Length: 15.2mm.
- PCB Width: 15.2mm.
- PCB Height: 3mm.
- The BD65496MUV datasheet rates this driver for a maximum continuous current of 1.2A. In our tests, we found that the chip was able to deliver 1.2A comfortably over the full operating voltage range, with the driver temperature only approaching the thermal shut down point at the very low end of the motor supply range. At 9V in, we did not see the driver’s thermal shutdown activate until we pushed the continuous current past 1.5A for many minutes, but we generally advise against running so close to the limit that the driver overheats. The tests were conducted at 100% duty cycle with no forced air flow; PWMing the motor will introduce additional heating proportional to the frequency.
Pololu Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.