This general purpose 5mm UV (ultra violet) LED is ideal for many lighting applications and products such as money checkers. The legs are on a standard 2.54mm spacing.
|Forward voltage drop:||3.4 V|
|Viewing angle:||15 degrees|
|Max forward current:||30 mA|
|Luminous intensity:||5mW (radiant flux)|
|Lens types:||Water clear|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Hi Juan, Normally these wouldn’t be used in an electro-fashion project with the fact that UV radiation can be harmful to your health. As such protection for your eyes and skin would be needed. Also they require 3.4V as a forward current, a coin cell only provides 3V, so you may be able to get the LED to turn on, but it may turn off before the battery is completely empty. Putting the LED’s in parallel would allow you to provide 3V’s to all of them. You could probably put 4-5 in parallel, but battery life would be very short before the voltage supplied wouldn’t be enough.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.