These highly versatile High Impact Polystyrene Sheets (HIPS) measure 1.5mm x 457mm x 254mm and are of a high quality and offer excellent value for money.
HIPS is used widely used for things such as; signage, making toys, model making, packaging, tray forming, kick plates, printing and point of sale (POS) and is available from us in a variety of colours and thicknesses.
High Impact Polystyrene is a very tough and rigid plastic that is highly resistant to impact, making it a very hard wearing material. It can easily be routed, sawn, punched, drilled, guillotined, thermoformed orvacuum formed.
HIPS is manufactured as a two layer product. There is a base layer of HIPS and a gloss layer of GPPS, approximately 90% base and 10% gloss. These percentages can vary slightly, from thickness to thickness. Both HIPS and GPPS polymers are approved for direct contact with food.
- High resistance to impact.
- Hard wearing.
- Very versatile, it can be used for; signage, making toys, model making, packaging, tray forming, kick plates, printing and point of sale (POS).
- Easy material to work with, it can be; routed, sawn, punched, drilled, guillotined, thermoformed or vacuum formed.
- Both the HIPS and GPPS polymers are approved for contact with food.
- 1 x High Impact Polystyrene Sheet (HIPS) measuring 1.5mm x 457mm x 254mm.
- Thickness: 1.5mm.
- Length: 457mm.
- Width: 254mm.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPS and MDF sheet orders (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPs, and MDF sheets (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
I would not recommend using these sheets with a laser as the HIPS responds very quickly to heat so you can get shrinkage or warping on the sheet on a laser. Would recommend against its use in one.
is it possible to get a sample of this product?
do you cut custom size, or can refer somewhere that does?
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.