Miniature size, built in exclusive IC infrared receiver module. Designed to be used with the Infrared 5mm Water Clear LED.. Provides a wide half angle and long reception distance with good noise-proof capability.
Infrared receivers have a high immunity against ambient light due to infrared having a shorter wavelength than visible light. This module is mounted as a side view.
These receiver modules are found in AV systems, home appliances and can be used as a remote control for wireless devices.
- Receives Infrared light signals.
- Wide half angle.
- Long reception distance.
- 1 x Infrared Receiver Module.
- Total Height: 33mm.
- Receiver Head Height: 7mm.
- Height of legs: 26mm.
- Width: 5mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
The typical center frequency is 37.9kHz.
Both pin diagrams are correct. The one at the top is the one you should look at to see which pin is which. The circuit diagram at the bottom moves them around to keep to the convention of having the positive rail at the top and the negative rail at the bottom, it is not a mechanical drawing as such.
Getting these two items to work together requires a bit of know-how.
The IR receiver filters out IR light that isn't flashing at near 37.9 kHz. You need to flash your LED at a frequency as close to that as possible for it to be recognised. This allows it to distinguish your signal from background IR radiation.
The sensor looks for "bursts" of IR at this frequency, when it detects a burst of IR at this frequency the output pin drops from being near the supply voltage to nearly 0V.
The best way to get this working is with a microcontroller like a PICAXE or Arduino. Some have built in protocols or libraries for IR communication. You can get something more primative working with a 555 timer in an astable configuration to acheive the 37.9 kHz then a push to make switch to let the signal through to the LED.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.