Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Interface for microbit and Fischertechnik plus micro:bit
(H-)Bridge the gap between Fischertechnik STEM kits and the BBC microbit with the Interface board for microbit and Fischertchnik. This board provides an alternative method for control motors and components in the Fischertechnik range.
Designed to run from a 9V PP3 battery (as used in Fischertechnik kits) the PCB produces a regulated 3V supply to power the BBC micro:bit. The board also includes a power switch to turn on and off the supply.
There are plated holes for using the Fischertechnik plugs to connect components from the Fischertechnik kits to the PCB. The PCB has been designed to slot onto the Fischertechnik base plate to give ease of access to the additional circuitry.
There are 2 Input/Output pins and 2 switch inputs, each paired with a 0V connection, 2 pairs of motor connections that can drive a motor both clockwise and counter clockwise. The corresponding pins to the BBC micro:bit are labelled in the table and on the PCB. The board has been designed so that the BBC micro:bit can plug directly into the edge connector on the Motor Board. The BBC micro:bit can be inserted facing either direction.
The board also features status LEDs. There are LEDs for pins 0, 1, 2, 3 breakouts and also the two motor outputs. The motor indicator LEDs don't just monitor activity, they also indicate which direction each motor is running in, green in one direction and red in the other. These LEDs don't just look nice, they are great way of visually troubleshooting your code and they even allow you test your code without having to connect motors or devices to pins 0, 1, 2, 3.
We have created custom MakeCode blocks and example MicroPython code to help you get up and running straight away. To add the blocks to the MakeCode editor; click the cog icon near the Microsoft logo, select 'Extensions' and type and enter Kitronik into the search box. Select the correct extension and it will be added to your menu. You can find our MycroPython code example here.
- :CREATE BBC micro:bit interface for Fischertechnik provides an alternative method for control motors and components in the Fischertechnik range.
- Designed to run from a 9V PP3 battery (as used in Fischertechnik kits) the PCB produces a regulated 3V supply to power the BBC micro:bit.
- It also includes a power switch to turn on and off the supply.
- There are plated holes for using the Fischertechnik plugs to connect components from the Fischertechnik kits to the PCB.
- The microbit slots into the edge connector on the board and will work either way around.
- We have produced custom MakeCode blocks that can be added to the editor.
- We have produced example MicroPython code.
- The board features status LEDs to allow for visual troubleshooting.
- 1 x Interface board for microbit and Fischertchnik.
- Length: 79mm.
- Width: 66mm.
- Max Height: 17.2mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.