Buy locally from a partner
The MI:power board for the BBC micro:bit brings real portability to your wearable projects. The stylish, lightweight PCB is designed to fit snugly against the BBC micro:bit and features a built-in buzzer and 3V coin cell holder. This latest version has been redesigned to fit both the the V1 and V2 micro:bit.
When assembled, the MI:power board is connected directly to the 3V, GND and P0 connections on the micro:bit. The 3V and GND connections provide power to the micro:bit and the built-in buzzer is connected to P0, which is the default output pin when using the audio functions in the Block Editor software.
The board has an easy to access on/off switch, which makes it easy to turn a project on and off, rather than have to disconnect the power supply from the BBC micro:bit.
Once the unit is assembled and attached to the BBC micro:bit the mechanical fixings prevent the battery from being removed unless you use a screwdriver, so whatever the use, the battery will remain safely in place.
- Spacers, fixings and a battery are all provided.
- BBC micro:bit is NOT included, they are available separately here.
- This accessory requires some mechanical assembly.
- No Soldering required.
- Works with micro:bit V1 and micro:bit V2.
- Power your BBC micro:bit from a stylish PCB.
- Break free from the tether to the computer and take your project mobile.
- On-Board buzzer.
- Easy access on/off switch.
- Great for micro:bit mood badges, to allow your micro:bit to become a handheld remote control, and much more.
- This accessory is supplied with spacers, fixings and a battery.
- No soldering required.
- 1 x MI:power board for the BBC micro:bit.
- 3 x Counter Sunk M3 Machine Screws.
- 3 x M3 Hex Full Width Nuts.
- 3 x Plastic Spacers.
- 1 x CR2032 3V Coin Cell.
Project Ideas Video:
Free Laser Cutter DXF Files:
We've also created some free downloadable resources for you to use with your laser cutter. Included in the downloads are DXF files for designs that fit directly to the Mi:power board that allows you to attach it to your belt, wrist strap, lanyard, stand it on your desk or on a design that can be placed in your garden or a plant pot. You can see some examples of these in the images below.
- Length: 51mm.
- Width: 42mm.
- Height: 6mm.
- 1 x BBC micro:bit.
- Pozi drive screwdriver.
- Build Instructions.
- Watch Mount DXF Zip.
- Plant Spike DXF Zip.
- Lanyard DXF Zip.
- Character DXF Zip.
- Belt Mount DXF Zip.
Note: this product is sometimes miss spelt as mi power board or mipower
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Coin cells should be kept out of the reach of small children as they are very dangerous if swallowed, when immediate medical intervention is required.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.