This is a sample of our high quality A grade Oak Veneer Plywood Sheet (laserply) measuring approx .98mm x 98mm with a Chinese poplar underside and core. This offers a perfect way of checking the suitability of a material without having to buy a complete sheet first. Check the finish of the material and get the perfect settings for your laser without having to practice on a full-sized/priced sheet.
Knots or resin within the material can cause scorch marks when used on a laser cutter. These can usually be removed with fine grade wet and dry sandpaper.
As wood is a natural product, there is often a crook or bow to the sheet. The natural twist might be in excess of 25mm (see below - Tolerances and Caution).
This product is most suitable for applications where a high quality outside surface is needed where visual aspects on the underside are not critical.
This is a 'Crown Cut' veneer with A grade topside quality.
A wood veneer is not like an artificial surface such as melamine or a laminate. It is cut from the log and therefore has it’s own unique grain, texture, and colour.
There are two different cuts that can be used in veneer production:
- 'Quarter Cut' are cut at 90 degrees, producing the effect of a straight grain.
- 'Crown Cut' are sliced through the log, producing 'Crowns'. This adds more character to the overall finish (as used in this product).
- High quality A grade Oak Veneer plywood Sheet (laserply).
- Veneer thickness is approximately 0.5mm.
- Suitable for use in internal dry conditions as defined in EN 622 parts 1 and 5 and conforms to EN13986.
- CC grade Chinese poplar underside and core.
- Although this is A-grade Oak Veneer on the topside, the underside and core is CC grade Chinese poplar. We have used the product on our laser cutter successfully. You can see the results in the photos of this product below. The image on the left was cut from the front, the image on the right was cut from the back. You can see cutting from the front leaves slightly more of a burnt edge.
Laser cutter examples:
- 1 x 3.6mm Oak Veneer Plywood (laserply) Sheet - Sample.
- Length: 98mm.
- Width: 98mm.
- Height: 3.6mm.
- Veneer thickness (approximately): 0.5mm.
There are no specified tolerances for this product but we would recommend +/-20% as a guideline. This means a 3.6mm Oak plywood sheet could be between 2.88mm and 4.32mm in thickness.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured in excess of 25mm rise between the flat centre of the plywood and the corner. These twists are completely normal and add to the natural character of the plywood. If you are using this product on a laser cutter; these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
Example of unfaced side:
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured curvature as much as a 25mm rise between the flat center of the plywood and the corner, therefore if using on a laser cutter these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 3218-SMPL.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Thank you for your question, you should be able to cut these sheets on a 50W cutter but the plywood on the back is C grade so you could run into issues with the knots in the sheet.
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE VENEER YOU USE. OR THE PRODUCT I AM LOOKING AT WHICH IS 3.6MM OAK VENEERED PLYWOOD?
Hi Mark, This product is unfinished, and just has the unfinished veneer placed onto the plywood. As such you can apply a suitable product to provide a finished coat on the material.
Hi Kevin, This material isn’t particularly flexible and you would only likely be able to bend this a few mm. A more suitable product would be our flexible birch laser ply, high-quality-flexible-thin-birch-plywood-finland
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.