This Lite-On LTR-4206 Phototransistor is a fully RoHS compliant through hole component. This component has been used in our Inventors Kit (from V1.7) for the BBC microbit and replaced the LDR from previous versions. The phototransistor is also much more sensitive and precise than the LDR that it replaced.
There are several different types of phototransistor on the market that are calibrated for certain wavelength bands, such as infrared. The LTR-4206 Phototransistor, however, has been calibrated for visible light and its conductivity is directly affected by the level of ambient light that falls on it. They can also be used as a replacement in circuits for similarly rated LDRs, including circuits featuring voltage dividers such as night lights.
The LTR-4206 Phototransistor has been lensed for high light sensitivity and has been constructed from plastic to ensure that it also offers very good value for the money. They are supplied as a pack of 10.
- Lensed for high light sensitivity.
- Low cost plastic package.
- Supplied as a 10 pack.
- They can be used as an alternative to LDRs.
- The flat side denotes the collector. The non flat side denotes the emitter, and the light level falling on the lens determines the base voltage.
- RoHS compliant
- 10 x LTR-4206 Phototransistors.
- Package Length: 6mm.
- Pitch: 2.54mm.
- Diameter: 4mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Using a Light Sensor and Analog Inputs from the Kitronik Inventors Kit for the BBC microbit. We've included the entire experiment as a free example of the great practical experiments that...
Using a Light Sensor and Analog Inputs from the Kitronik Inventors Kit for the BBC microbit. We've included the entire experiment as a free example of...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.