Note: We no longer stock this particular motor controller board, but we do still carry a number of others. You can find a motor/servo control board to fit your needs here.
This motor controller board can be used in two ways. You can use your PC flowchart software to write the control application for an 18 pin PIC, or by fitting two more LEDs and downloading some free basic software on to the board you can use it as a standalone sequence controller (see sequence_controller.zip for details and software). This allows students to first pick up the basics of motor direction control, using the sequence controller. Then using the same hardware they are now familiar with, move on to more advanced flowchart control.
The board has four inputs, complete with test switches and four outputs complete with debug LEDs. The outputs can drive two motors with forward and reverse control or four motors with on / off control. However please note the outputs work in pairs and this means that when using four motors, it is not possible to drive motors 1&2 at the same time, nor can outputs 3&4 be driven at the same time.
The new improved version of this board uses a motor driver IC which gives far improved motor power performance due to it’s very low output saturation (the motor output voltage can get closer to the supply voltage).
The kit is compatible with most educational PICs & software. Requires 18 Pin Processor not included.
This kit contains:
- 1 x 3.5mm PCB mount jack socket
- 2 x 47ohm resistors
- 4 x 330ohm resistors
- 6 x 10Kohm resistors
- 1 x 100Kohm resistor
- 4 x 5mm red LEDs
- 4 x 4 way terminal blocks
- 1 x 2 way terminal block
- 1 x 18 pin IC holder
- 1 x FAN8100N motor driver IC
- 5 x PCB mount switches
- 9 x 10nF capacitors, ceramic
- 2 x 470uF capacitors, electrolytic
- 3 x 1N4001 diodes
- 1 x PP3 clip lead
- 1 x 4C battery holder
- 1 x heat sink
- 1 x 5V red LED
- 1 x 5V green LED
- 1 x motor controller PCB
PCB dimensions: 110mm x 67mm.
Requires x4 C batteries, available separately. Use rechargeable or alkaline batteries with this kit, zinc carbon batteries are not suitable.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.