This is a versatile relay board kit that can easily be configured via jumpers and trimmer potentiometers to do a range of tasks.
Most sensor and switches can be connected to the input of the board and the trigger level set for the input device. This can be inverted if required, then there is the option to feed this straight to the relay or a timer of up to 25 minutes can be used. Irrespective of the state of the ‘invert’ jumper whenever the sense LED goes from off to on the timer restarts.#
The board can run off any voltage from 4.5 to 6 volts.
The output cans switch DC or mains.
This datasheet details what the board does and how to use it along with some worked examples. A more detailed set of information including the build instructions & how to configure the kit can also be downloaded.
WARNING: Using mains electricity can be dangerous and should only be attempted by qualified people.
This kit includes:
- 3 x 100Kohm resistors
- 3 x 220ohm resistors
- 1 x 47Kohm resistors
- 1 x 1Mohm potentiometer
- 1 x 10Mohm potentiometer
- 2 x 1N4001 diodes
- 2 x 5mm red LEDs
- 1 x 100uF capacitors, electrolytic
- 1 x 4.7uF capacitors, electrolytic
- 1 x 2N7000 n-channel FET
- 2 x 2 way terminal blocks
- 1 x 3 way terminal blocks
- 1 x LM324 operational amplifier IC
- 1 x 14 pin IC holder
- 2 x 3 way pinstrip
- 2 x Jumpers
- 1 x Relay
- 1 x Relay board PCB
PCB dimensions: 86.5mm x 49mm.
This kit is supplied as a pack of parts and requires soldering.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2144.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.