This project is a nice way of getting students to think about how much water they are using and to do something about it when showering.
When tipped up a four minute timer starts, this is shown by the blue LED flashing the number of minutes remaining every 10 seconds. i.e. it flashes four times to start with, then three, two, one until the four minutes is up.
The kit is fairly straight forward to make due to the low part count and is supplied with a pre-programmed processor.
If used daily by all members of a family the coin cell will last a number of years. The tilt switch allows for a completely enclosed case, which is required as the electronics are not waterproof.
This kit includes:
- 1 x shower timer PCB
- 1 x CR2032 coin cell
- 1 x CR2032 coin cell holder
- 1 x tilt switch
- 1 x ultra bright blue LED
- 1 x 47ohm resistor
- 1 x 1Mohm resistor
- 1 x 8 pin IC holder
- 1 x PIC 10F200 pre-programmed with shower timer code
PCB dimensions: 51mm x 34mm.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2147.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
Coin cells should be kept out of the reach of small children as they are very dangerous if swallowed, when immediate medical intervention is required.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
This Shower Timer was made by Thomas Stratford. It is a modified version of our Shower Timer Kit, Thomas has added three super bright blue LEDs by using a very...
This Shower Timer was made by Thomas Stratford. It is a modified version of our Shower Timer Kit, Thomas has added three super bright blue...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.