Note: Although this product is no longer available, we do have plenty of alternative power options here.
The Sparkfun USB LiPo charger Single Cell is a simple basic charging circuit, allowing you to charge 3.7V LiPo cells at a rate of 500mA or 100mA. This Single Cell LiPo charger is designed to charge single cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries.
Consisting of a charging circuit, status LED, selectable solder jumper for 500mA and 100mA currents, external LED footprint, USB input and two pre-installed JST connectors for SYS OUT and BATT IN, and a barrel jack connector.
The charger also includes a 'SYS OUT' with a pre-installed JST Connector, allowing the user to simultaneously charge the battery and continue using the device.
- Linear Charger Management Controller with integrated pass transistor, integrated current sense, and reverse discharge protection.
- Four Voltage Regulation Options: 4.2V, 4.35V, 4.4V, 4.5V.
- Configurable Charge Current: 100mA or 500mA.
- Thermal Regulation.
- Temperature Range: -40C to +85C.
- 1 x USB, Single Cell LiPoly Charger.
Possible applications include:
- Lithium-Ion/Lithium-Polymer Battery Chargers.
- Digital Cameras.
- MP3 Players.
- Cellular Telephones.
SparkFun Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Hi Emily, This part isn’t designed to be used for solar charging, you would need to look at https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12885 which we don’t stock. Also we don’t advise creating a circuit to charge a mobile phone as if the circuit isn’t correctly wired it can damage the unit and/or phone.
Hi, the JST connector on this board is female so it's correct for a battery but not for most devices. We don't sell a male to male JST connector at the moment.
For the second question, the board itself will store little if any charge. It is designed for charging a LiPo cell.
If I've misunderstood your question please let me know.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.