The MG90S Servo is small and lightweight but boasts a high output power for its size. This is largely due to its metal gear and bearing. This makes it much more durable than other types of small servo that feature plastic gears and bearings. The durability of the MG90S Servos metal gears makes it the perfect choice for RC models such as Airplanes and also for Robotics projects. These servos can also be found in a wide variety of kits, an example of this is the MeArm Robot arm.
The servo can rotate approx. 180 degrees, 90 in each direction, and it can be driven with any standard 180 degree servo code/libraries. It can be coded using the MakeCode or Python editors which makes it ideal for novice or expert level projects. If this servo is being used with a BBC microbit then it will need a separate power supply. You may also need to level shift the PWM voltage to insure it is at the same voltage as the servos supply.
The servos are supplied with three horns and the associated fixings which should allow you to slot these servos into your projects with relative ease and without the need to make custom horns.
The MG90S metal gear servo is rated to operate between 4.8V and 6V and has a standard servo connector. The three wires are; Orange = PWM, Red = Vcc, and Brown = Ground.
- Small and compact yet high power output.
- Metal gears for strength and durability.
- Can be coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
- Suitable for RC models and Robotics projects.
- 180 degrees of rotation, 90 in each direction.
- Operating Voltage of 4.8V - 6V.
- 1 x MG90S Metal Gear Servo With 3 Horns & Fixings.
- Length: 32.5mm.
- Width: 12mm.
- Height: 35.5mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.