Buy locally from a partner
Note: Although this product is no longer available, we do have a growing range of e-textiles/electron-fashion kits, components, and accessories here.
Add an individually addressable full colour LED to your E-Textiles projects with the Kitronik Sewable ZIP LED. This new addition to our Electro Fashion range incorporates a full colour addressable ZIP LED, which can be controlled by a suitable processor such as the microbit.
The boards four connection pads are; +V, GND, Data in, and Data out. If using a single Sewable ZIP LED the Data in pad should be connected to the processor drive signal pin. When connecting several together in a chain the Data out of one Sewable ZIP LED should be connected to the Data in of the next board.
Note: If using with a BBC micro:bit:
- We recommend that no more than four Sewable ZIP LEDs should be powered directly by the microbit. If more are required, a separate power supply should be used.
- If you use a separate power supply of more than 3.3V then a level shift for the data signal will be needed.
- A full colour addressable sewable ZIP LED.
- It can be used with conductive thread or crocodile clips.
- The can be controlled by a suitable processor such as micro:bit, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi.
- It features four connection pads; +V, GND, Data in, and Data out.
- The Kitronik ZIP LEDs are compatible with with any WS2812B driver code and can be coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor and MicroPython.
- These sewable ZIP LEDs are also available individually.
- 1 x Full Colour Addressable And Sewable ZIP LED Electro Fashion Board 10 Pack.
Dimensions for a single board.
- Length: 13mm.
- Width: 14.8mm.
- Max Height: 2.8mm.
- PCB Thickness: 0.9mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.