High quality 600mm x 400mm Birch Plywood sheets. Suitable for a wide range of applications, including use on a laser cutter.
This is BB grade Birch Plywood on both sides.
Please note:As wood is a natural product, there is often a crook or bow to the sheet. The natural twist might be in excess of 25mm
(see below - Tolerances and Caution).
This grade is similar to B grade but allows for larger knots and repairs to the face. Sound, smooth knots are allowed and these will typically be under 50mm in diameter. Open knots can be repaired with wooden plugs. The material should be suitable for applications where the visual look is not critical. It shows the natural look of the wood and will show natural colour variations.
Our Birch Plywood uses an EN314-2 Class 1 glue which is suitable for interior (dry) conditions. Interior glue is generally considered the preferred option for materials that are to be laser cut. This is because the exterior glues can cause a more obvious 'burnt' look on and around the area that is cut.
Knots or resin within the material can cause scorch marks when used on a laser cutter. These can usually be removed with fine grade wet and dry sandpaper.
Although some sheets may have 2 faultless faces, some may have imperfections on both sides and therefore this product is most suitable for applications where a solid surface is needed but the visual aspects are not critical.
This material is Forestry Stewardship Council certified.
- BB grade finish.
- FSC certified (Forestry Standards Commission).
- Interior grade glue.
- 1 x 6mm Birch Laser Plywood, 600mm x 400mm Sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Height: 6mm.
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of plywood sheets are the stated thickness +0.4mm/-0.5mm. This means a 6mm plywood sheet could be between 5.5mm and 6.4mm in thickness.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured in excess of 25mm rise between the flat centre of the plywood and the corner. These twists are completely normal and add to the natural character of the plywood. If you are using this product on a laser cutter; these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- Some sheets of this product may have a material origin ink stamp in one corner, this is circular and approx. 30mm in size. As sheets are stored stacked there can be some transfer of the ink from one sheet to another and as a result the ink mark may appear on both sides. If required the mark can be quickly removed with fine sandpaper.
- On all Perspex, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood and MDF sheet orders (excluding A4 size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood and MDF sheets (except A4 size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Thank you for your email, I am afraid we only have flexible birch in 0.8 to 2mm thicknesses and just in the sizes we have online.
Hi Steve, Unfortunately we don’t have any information regarding the toxicity of the material in relation to reptiles. Our supplier is always unable to provide any further information regarding this and can only provide the datasheet for the material which can be seen here, this however only refers to humans only. https://www.kitronik.co.uk/pdf/3mm_birch_laser_plywood_material_safety_datasheet.pdf
The design I am following requires "Voidless Baltic Birch Ply"
Does this product fit the bill?
Hi Mick, Unfortunately the birch laser plywood we stock isn’t Baltic birch. Interior glue is used and not exterior and we can’t guarantee a void less surface on all parts of the material.
I am interested in your 6mm laserable plywood, i just have a couple of questions.
Is the plywood varnished?
If not is this a service you can supply on both sides?
Hi Peter, The Plywood doesn't come varished and this isn't a service we can provide. Sorry.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.