This high quality A grade Ash Veneer Plywood Sheet with a Chinese poplar underside and core is ideal for structural projects requiring a high-quality appearance and finish on the topside and panelling.
Knots or resin within the material can cause scorch marks when used on a laser cutter. These can usually be removed with fine grade wet and dry sandpaper.
Please note:As wood is a natural product, there is often a crook or bow to the sheet. The natural twist might be in excess of 25mm (see below - Tolerances and Caution).
This product is most suitable for applications where a high quality outside surface is needed where visual aspects on the underside are not critical.
This is a 'Crown Cut' veneer with A grade topside quality.
A wood veneer is not like an artificial surface such as melamine or a laminate. It is cut from the log and therefore has it’s own unique grain, texture, and colour.
There are two different cuts that can be used in veneer production:
- 'Quarter Cut' are cut at 90 degrees, producing the effect of a straight grain.
- 'Crown Cut' are sliced through the log, producing 'Crowns'. This adds more character to the overall finish (as used in this product).
- High quality A grade Ash Veneer Sheet.
- Veneer thickness approximately 0.5mm.
- Suitable for use in internal dry conditions as defined in EN 622 parts 1 and 5 and conforms to EN13986.
- CC grade Chinese poplar underside and core.
- Although this is A grade Ash Veneer on the topside, the underside and core is CC grade Chinese poplar. We have used the product on our laser cutter successfully.
- 1 x 3.6mm Ash Veneer Plywood, 600mm x 400mm Sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Height: 3.6mm.
- Veneer thickness (approximately): 0.5mm.
There are no specified tolerances for this product but we would recommend +/-20% as a guideline. This means a 3.6mm Ash plywood sheet could be between 2.88mm and 4.32mm in thickness.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured in excess of 25mm rise between the flat centre of the plywood and the corner. These twists are completely normal and add to the natural character of the plywood. If you are using this product on a laser cutter; these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
Example of unfaced side:
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured curvature as much as a 25mm rise between the flat center of the plywood and the corner, therefore if using on a laser cutter these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPS and MDF sheet orders (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPs, and MDF sheets (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.