This is a sample of our high quality 2mm Birch Plywood sheet measuring approx. 98mm x 98mm is (laserply) produced in Finland which is suitable for a wide range of applications and is suitable for laser cutting. Check the finish of the material and get the perfect settings for your laser without having to practice on a full-sized/priced sheet.
This is BR 'veneer' grade Birch Plywood. This is similar to B grade material, with knots that would typically not exceed 7mm to 8mm in diameter. It shows the natural look of the wood and will show natural colour variations. These thinner plywoods are used in specialist applications and tend to have a slightly higher quality feel. The surface of the material is sanded to a smoother finish than that of most plywoods.
This plywood uses an EN314-2 Class 1 glue which is suitable for interior (dry) conditions. Interior glue is generally considered the preferred option for materials that are to be laser cut. We use interior glues because exterior glues can cause a more obvious 'burnt' look on and around the area that is cut.
This material is PEFC certified.
- High-quality material (laserply) with a smoother surface than typical plywood.
- PEFC Certified (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification).
- Interior grade glue.
- 4 ply plywood.
- 1 x 2mm BR Grade Birch Laser Plywood (laserply), Sample.
- Length: 98mm.
- Width: 98mm.
- Height: 2mm.
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of plywood sheets is the stated thickness +/-10%. This means a 2mm plywood sheet could be between 1.8mm and 2.2mm in thickness.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured curvature in excess of a 30mm rise between the flat centre of the plywood and the corner, therefore if using on a laser cutter these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- Some sheets of this product may have a material origin ink stamp. As sheets are stored stacked there can be some transfer of the ink from one sheet to another and as a result, the ink mark may appear on both sides. If required the mark can be quickly removed with fine sandpaper.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Many thanks for the query.
This is not something that we usually stock however we also look at whether or not we can help. Please could you let me know what sort of quantity you was looking at?
I have had a look for you but I am afraid our supplier cannot provide me with this information.
The flexibility of the board is roughly the same across the width, however this will go against the grain and as such will affect the flexibility.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.