This is a high-quality 3mm B/BB grade Birch-faced plywood sheet (laserply) measuring 600mm x 300mm that is suitable for a wide range of applications and is particularly suited to laser cutting. Both faces feature decorative Birch veneers and the core is of Poplar plywood. The Poplar core has a lower density than all-Birch plywood, meaning that it can be easily laser cut at lower power settings. Additionally, the poplar core means that the sheets are lighter than birch plywood sheets.
The B grade face veneer: This grade shows the natural look of the wood. There will be changes in colour that show the grain pattern. Sound, smooth knots are allowed and these will typically be under 15mm to 35mm in diameter (depending on the countries grading rules). The surface should normally be free from open knots and plugs. The material should be suitable for paint/stain or a lacquered finish.
The BB grade back veneer: This grade is similar to the B grade but allows for larger knots and repairs to the face. Sound, smooth knots are allowed and these will typically be under 50mm in diameter. Open knots can be repaired with wooden plugs. The material should be suitable for applications where the visual look is not critical.
This plywood uses an EN314-2 Class 1 glue which is suitable for Interior (dry) conditions. Interior glue is generally considered the preferred option for materials that are to be laser cut. This is because the exterior glues can cause a more obvious 'burnt' look on and around the area that is cut.
The woods used in this sheet are cultivated wood that grows quickly, which makes it a very sustainable product.
- As wood is a natural product, there is often a crook or bow to the sheet. The natural twist might be in excess of 25mm. For more information please see the Caution and Tolerances sections below.
- High-quality Birch-faced laser plywood sheets (laserply).
- Decorative Birch face and rear veneer with a lightweight poplar core.
- Low-density core for easier laser cutting at lower settings.
- Interior grade glue.
- Suitable for a wide range of applications.
- It can be finished in the same ways as any Birch plywood, e.g. sanded, stained, oiled, etc.
- 1 x 3mm Birch-Faced Veneered Laser Plywood (laserply), 600mm x 300mm sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 300mm.
- Thickness: 3mm.
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of plywood sheets is the stated thickness +0.2mm/-0.4mm. This means a 3mm plywood sheet could be between 2.6mm and 3.2mm in thickness.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured in excess of 25mm rise between the flat centre of the plywood and the corner. These twists are completely normal and add to the natural character of the plywood. If you are using this product on a laser cutter; these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, wooden boxes, HIPS and MDF sheet orders (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPs, wooden boxes, and MDF sheets (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.