Our Laser Compatible Medite Premier MDF sheets are highly versatile, suitable for enclosures and many other applications. Our laser MDF are EU class E1, which means low formaldehyde emissions. It is this low formaldehyde emission that makes this MDF suitable for laser cutting.
As wood is a natural product, there is often a crook or bow to the sheet. The natural twist might be in excess of 10mm (see below - Tolerances and Caution)
Medite Premier MDF is produced using superior wood refining technology and specially designed resins. Benefits are consistency of quality and thickness, as well as reduced tool wear. Medite Premier MDF retains the light tan colour of the wood fibre from which it is manufactured.
This product conforms to E1 (low) formaldehyde levels as well as also complying with the lower levels required by CARB phase 2 (CARB Phase 2 compliant <0.11ppm).
This product is often described as 'Laser Grade' MDF but there is no official classification for this. We believe that E1 conforming MDF is the safest and best MDF for using in a laser cutter.
- Low formaldehyde emissions.
- Highly versatile.
- Suitable for use in internal dry conditions as defined in EN 622 parts 1 and 5 and conforms to EN13986.
- 1 x 3mm Laser Compatible Medite Premier MDF, 800mm x 600mm sheet.
- Length: 800mm.
- Width: 600mm.
- Height: 3mm.
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of MDF sheets are the stated thickness +/-0.15mm. This means a 3mm MDF sheet could be between 2.85mm and 3.15mm in thickness.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to the MDF, and in some cases a twist. We have measured in excess of 10mm rise between the flat centre of the MDF and the corner. l. If you are using this product on a laser cutter; these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, wooden boxes, HIPS and MDF sheet orders (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).