This is a high quality 1.5mm Oak Veneered Okoume core Plywood sheet which is suitable for a wide range of applications and is suitable for laser cutting. Due to it's Okoume core, it is lighter and more flexible than comparable products.
These thinner plywoods are used in specialist applications and tend to have a slightly higher quality feel. The surface of the material is sanded to a smoother finish than that that of most plywoods.
Okoume peels and slices easily and evenly, and this combines with its good acceptance of glue to give it wide use as veneer and being processed into plywood.
Okoume is very soft and has very low density and when processed into plywood it makes the combined plywood layers more flexible and lightweight. When flexed, Okoume core plywoods will flex without cracking and wont lose shape like a veneer can when flexed.
The glue used in the core is Melamine. EN 314 cl. 2 which maintains its integrity in humid conditions and is less influenced by moisture percentage changes.
- As wood is a natural product there is often a bow or crook to plywood, and in some cases a twist. We have measured curvature as much as a 25mm rise between the flat center of the plywood and the corner, therefore if using on a laser cutter these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting.
- All of our plywoods, bar this one, use EN 314 cl. 1 bonding glue, which is classified as for indoor use. These 1.5mm Oak Veneered Okoume core Plywood sheets use EN 314 cl. 2 bonding glue which makes the plywood more resistant to moisture. Care should be taken when laser cutting as EN 314 cl. 2 is more easily scorched than EN 314 cl. 1.
- High quality material with a smoother surface than typical plywood.
- Exterior grade glue.
- More lightweight and flexible than standard plywood.
- 1 x 1.5mm Oak Veneered Okoume 600mm x 400mm sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Height: 1.5mm.
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of 1.5mm are +/-0.2mm. This means a 1.5mm sheet could be between 1.3mm and 1.7mm in thickness.
- On all Perspex, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood and MDF sheet orders (excluding A4 size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood and MDF sheets (except A4 size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.