These high quality and highly versatile 3mm Cork sheets, measuring 600mm x 400mm, are one of the most Eco-friendly raw materials on the planet and they also offer a wide range of Design and Technology/Making applications. This material is suitable for laser cutting and laser engraving and as such, it can be cut into intricate shapes very easily and then laser decorated.
These cork sheets have an adhesive backing that makes it easy to stick them in place once they have been cut down to size. The backing is acrylic based and solvent-free which makes it laser cutter friendly.
Cork has so many things going for it that it is a must for any making environment. Cork is a waterproof material and is also surprisingly durable. It has good elastic and compression properties and excellent thermal, acoustic and anti-vibration resistance, making it suitable for a wide range of uses.
As well as the obvious cork boards, some other possible uses include; coasters, mouse mats, heat/sound insulation, to decouple a project from a work surface to inhibit the transference of vibration, as a covering to improve the tactile nature of a product, gaskets, a protective layer or bumper, business card, and the list goes on and on.
Cork is considered a slow combustion material in that it will burn if subjected to a persistent ignition source, but it will then burn very slowly and without a flame so it is unlikely to spread. When it does burn, it does so without releasing any toxic fumes.
If you wanted to plan a lesson on raw material sustainability then there is NO other material that is better suited to serving as a positive example. The Cork industry is regarded as being very environmentally friendly as the tree that the bark comes from continues to grow and thrive after the bark is removed. Cork is also 100% recyclable, AND, can be used as an alternative to leather. Not only is cork the best material for a 'cork' for bottles, it also has by far the smallest carbon footprint when compared to any other type of bottle stopper material.
- As cork is supplied rolled up it will arrive bowed, if using on a laser cutter these sheets should be strapped/taped to the laser bed before cutting. If using magnets to hold the material flat, ensure that they are not in the path of the laser.
- Cork is highly versatile.
- It is probably the most sustainable raw material available for making.
- Cork is water proof.
- It is suitable for laser cutting and laser engraving.
- It also has excellent thermal, acoustic, and vibration resistance making it a good insulator.
- The adhesive backing is acrylic based and solvent-free which makes it laser cutter friendly.
- 1 x 3mm Cork 600mm x 400mm sheet.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Height: 3mm.
- On all Perspex, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood and MDF sheet orders (excluding A4 size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood and MDF sheets (except A4 size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.