This LED slowly cycles through various colours, making it ideal for mood lighting, toys or ornaments.
|Operating voltage:||2.7V to 5V (this LED does not require a current limit resistor)|
|25mA||Brightness (ave): 1000 mCd|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Thank you for your email, unfortunately yes I think those LEDs are quite dead now they have had 12V run through them. This circuit is reasonably resistant but with that much power it is likely dead. Generally these kind of kits have a very small switching circuit inside to change between three colours of blue, red and green. At 12V either the switching circuit has burned out or the other two colours has as well.
These LEDs are only 750mcd which means they are not the brightest LED so probably that was the correct brightness when you had it at the 5V.
I want to connect this directly to a 3V lithium battery - can you confirm that this is enough voltage for the LED to work and cycle through all the colours?
Hi Adrian, This should be fine, we use the 5mm version of this LED in our electro-fashion range and this runs off a 3V coin cell battery without a problem.
Hi Carol, Unfortunately the only colour changing LED’s we have are diffused. The only other alternative we have is an RGB LED, https://www.kitronik.co.uk/leds-and-lamps.html?led_colour=170&lens_type=162 you would then use a micro controller to change the colour that the LED outputs.
need to use http://www.kitronik.co.uk/products/components/leds/leds/colour-changing-and-rgb-leds/rgb-led-5mm-common-cathode-pack-of-500/ or the common anode version and some circuitry to control the timing of the colours.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.