The Multimeter Kit from SparkFun Electronics provides you with everything you need to make your own multimeter. It is capable of measuring voltage (0-30VDC, 0.05 resolution) current (0-500mA, 1mA resolution) and resistance (0-100kΩ). The resistance mode also includes a continuity test: the buzzer will sound when the resistance probes are shorted together, this is one of the more handy tools of any multimeter.
Using the Multimeter Kit is very straightforward. To measure voltage connect your probes to the 'Voltage' and 'Common' pins, for current measurement the 'Current' and 'Common' pins. Resistance measurement uses the 'Res-1' and 'Res-2' pins. The decimal points are used in resistance measurement mode to indicate 10kΩ and 100kΩ ranges.
This kit now includes test probe cables! Batteries, however, are not included.
Please note:using the resistance measurement mode on live circuits is not recommended. Also, do not test current or voltage on devices that may be outside the measuring range (no negative voltages or currents)! The multimeter is very simple, and won't replace your Fluke meter, but it works perfectly for simple troubleshooting.
Be sure to read SparkFuns How to Use a Multimeter tutorial to find out how to properly use a meter (as if there was a standard way!).
- 1x Multimeter Kit PCB
- 1x ATMega328 programmed for Multimeter Kit
- 1x LM358 Op-Amp
- 1x 3.3V Voltage Regulator
- 1x Red 4-Digit 7-Segment Display
- 1x Buzzer 2.048 KHz
- 1x Battery Holder Pack AA x 4
- 1x 100uF Capacitor
- 1x 10uF Capacitor
- 2x 1.0kΩ Resistor
- 2x 10kΩ Resistor
- 1x 5.6kΩ Resistor
- 1x 1.2kΩ Resistor
- 1x 1.0Ω Resistor
- 1x SPDT Mini Power Switch
- 1x Push Button Switch
- 1x Banana to Test Probes Pair
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.