The LilyMini ProtoSnap is a great way to get started learning about creating interactive e-textile circuits before you start sewing. Like other LilyPad ProtoSnap boards, the LilyMini ProtoSnap has all of its pieces wired together out of the box, enabling you to test the circuit’s function before you sew. At the heart of the board is a pre-programmed LilyMini microcontroller connected to a LilyPad Light Sensor, LilyPad Button and two pairs of LilyPad LEDs.
The LilyMini ProtoSnap ships with pre-loaded code that uses all the LilyPad pieces connected to it. This sample code has three modes, which can be selected by pressing the LilyPad Button on the bottom-left side of the ProtoSnap. The built-in RGB LED on the LilyMini will change color to indicate which mode has been selected:
White: All LEDs on.
Magenta: LEDs fade in and out in a breathing pattern. When the light sensor is covered, LEDs fade faster.
Cyan: LEDs off. When the light sensor is covered, LEDs will twinkle.
The LilyMini board, at the center of the ProtoSnap, has a built-in battery holder for a CR2032 battery (included). The board can also be powered through the microUSB port while connected to a computer for reprogramming. On the opposite side of the LilyMini you will find the SAMD11 brain, which controls the ProtoSnap. You can use the built-in code to make your own projects, or you can reprogram the LilyMini using the Arduino system.
- Prototype your e-textile circuits before you start sewing.
- Ships with pre-loaded code that uses all the LilyPad pieces connected to it.
- You can use the built-in code to make your own projects, or you can reprogram the LilyMini using the Arduino system.
- 1 x LilyPad LilyMini ProtoSnap (battery included).
Included on the Protosnap:
- 1 x LilyPad Light Sensor.
- 1 x LilyPad Button.
- 4 x LilyPad LEDs.
- Length: 8cm.
- Width: 5.5cm.
- 1 x CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (included).
SparkFun Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Hi , This board is designed to allow you to check out how the circuit works before you snap all the individual components out and then sew this into your project. It is a good starting point if you have used e-textiles before, as the board comes out of the box ready to test and then one component at a time can be sewn onto your project makes the connections match as they do on the board. We have a range of e-textiles tutorials on our website which might also be helpful, https://www.kitronik.co.uk/blog/e-textiles-wearables-tutorials-resources/
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.