These step-down voltage regulators generate lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 42V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) and have a typical efficiency between 80% to 90%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large.
The regulator has short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown prevents damage from overheating. The board doesnot have reverse-voltage protection.
- Input voltage: [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 42V (see below for more information on dropout voltage).
- Fixed 3.3V output with 4% accuracy.
- Maximum output current: 300mA.
- 1.25MHz switching frequency.
- 2mA typical no-load quiescent current (20μA typical quiescent current with SHDN = LOW).
- Integrated over-temperature and over-current shutoff.
- Small size: 13mm × 10mm × 3mm.
- 1 x 3.3V Step-down Voltage Regulator.
- 1 x 4 pin headers of 2.54mm pitch - Straight.
- 1 x 4 pin headers of 2.54mm pitch - right angled.
- The regulator has four connections: shutdown (SHDN), input voltage (VIN), ground (GND), and output voltage (VOUT).
- The SHDN pin can be driven low (under 0.3V) to turn off the output and put the board into a low-power state that typically draws 20μA, and it can be driven high (above 2.3V) to enable the board. If you do not need to use the shutdown feature, the SHDN pin can be directly connected to VIN to permanently enable the board. You should not leave this pin disconnected as this can result in unpredictable behavior.
- The input voltage, VIN, should exceed VOUT by at least the regulator’s dropout voltage (see below for graphs of dropout voltages as a function of the load), and you must ensure that noise on your input does not exceed the 42V maximum. Additionally, please be wary of destructive LC spikes (see below for more information).
- The output voltage, VOUT, is fixed at 3.3V.
- The four connections are labeled on the back side of the PCB, and they are arranged with a 2.54mm spacing along the edge of the board for compatibility with solderless breadboards, connectors, and other prototyping arrangements that use a 2.54mm grid. You can solder wires directly to the board or solder in either the 4×1 straight male header strip or the 4×1 right-angle male header strip that is included.
- PCB Length: 13mm.
- PCB Width: 10mm.
- PCB Height: 3mm.
Pololu Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.