These highly versatile High Impact Polystyrene Sheets (HIPS) measure 1mm x 457mm x 254mm and are of a high quality and offer excellent value for money.
HIPS is used widely used for things such as; signage, making toys, model making, packaging, tray forming, kick plates, printing and point of sale (POS) and is available from us in a variety of colours and thicknesses.
High Impact Polystyrene is a very tough and rigid plastic that is highly resistant to impact, making it a very hard wearing material. It can easily be routed, sawn, punched, drilled, guillotined, thermoformed orvacuum formed.
HIPS is manufactured as a two layer product. There is a base layer of HIPS and a gloss layer of GPPS, approximately 90% base and 10% gloss. These percentages can vary slightly, from thickness to thickness. Both HIPS and GPPS polymers are approved for direct contact with food.
- High resistance to impact.
- Hard wearing.
- Very versatile, it can be used for; signage, making toys, model making, packaging, tray forming, kick plates, printing and point of sale (POS).
- Easy material to work with, it can be; routed, sawn, punched, drilled, guillotined, thermoformed or vacuum formed.
- Both the HIPS and GPPS polymers are approved for contact with food.
- 1 x High Impact Polystyrene Sheet (HIPS) measuring 1mm x 457mm x 254mm.
- Thickness: 1mm.
- Length: 457mm.
- Width: 254mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Thank you for your question, it should just be a difference of dyes that have been used on the material, it is otherwise exactly the same, regardless of colour.
Hi Ian, Yes the sheet is opaque so light doesn’t come through. In theory you could use this for blacking out windows, alternatively you could also use the black polypropylene sheet as this is also opaque, it also comes in a large sheet size, https://www.kitronik.co.uk/materials/polypropylene.html
Hi Cameron, I have looked into if the HIPs is food safe, our supplier has stated the following, ‘All our HIPS sheet is produced using polymers suitable for food contact and the pigments/masterbatches are also suitable for food contact. Although suitable and safe in the Health and safety respect, some foodstuffs may adversely affect HIPS and also some aggressive cleaning chemicals if used to clean multi-use items.’ I hope this helps.
Hi Alan, We don’t state that HIPs is suitable for laser cutting and our supplier also doesn’t state this. However there are articles on the web about cutting HIPs, we just unfortunately can’t comment on these.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.