Does it float?
Polymorph is a very popular smart material that has Educational and practical uses. It is a thermoplastic with a low melting temperature and a long working time. Students and crafters can create a huge range of useful products, using it for decorative and practical items. As a guide, 250g fills a regular sized coffee mug.
It is a reusable thermoplastic polymer with a low melting point. The pellets fuse together, soften and turn transparent when heated to over 62°C allowing users to easily shape the polymer by hand! It hardens to a solid, white, non-brittle, strong material that truly has unlimited possibilities. Also, it has no shelf-life and is fully biodegradable. Compatible with Thermoworx colouring pigments.
This product is available in pack sizes of 100g and 500g.
- Heat in hot water to over 62°C.
- Mould by hand to the desired shape.
- Allow it to cool and harden.
- Reuse by placing the item back into water heated to over 62°C.
- A smart material made from a thermoplastic polymer with a low melting point.
- It can be moulded by hand into any shape you desire.
- Once the moulded part has cooled and hardened it is non-brittle and strong.
- It is biodegradable and be reused time and time again.
- Get striking results by using paints/pigments to colour the resulting parts.
- 1 x Pack of White Polymorph Smart Material.
- A container with water heated to over 62°C.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Does it float?
Many thanks for the query.
We are unsure of the specific gravity of the product but it does not float.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.