Our high precision Quartz Clock Mechanisms are great if you want to make your own clock or for replacing faulty clock mechanisms and come with all required fixing hardware and hour, minute and second hands.
They are accurate to within 30 seconds per month and run from one AA Battery which lasts over a year. The time is easily set or adjusted with the dial on the back of the unit.
Popular uses include recycling old CDs and laser cutting custom designs from Perspex or plywood to make into clocks, but if you're after a more complete kit you can try our clock making kit, or assemble your own kit from our range of accessories.
- Quality quartz clock movement.
- Includes hands and fixings.
- Energy efficient.
- Accurate time keeping.
- 1 x Quartz clock mechanism.
- 1 x Second hand.
- 1 x Minute hand.
- 1 x Hour hand.
- 1 x Washer.
- 1 x Fixing nut.
Possible applications include:
- Replacing faulty clock mechanisms.
- Making your own clock.
- Width: 54mm.
- Height: 54mm.
- Depth: 14mm.
- Hour hand: 62mm.
- Minute hand: 90mm.
- Second hand: 90mm.
Hand lengths are measured from centre of clock movement.
- 1 x AA Battery.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
The cover of the Kitronik's Summer 2019 flyer shows this stylish simple clock design. This is an excellent product to combine a number of natural and man-made materials in an...
The cover of the Kitronik's Summer 2019 flyer shows this stylish simple clock design. This is an excellent product to combine a number of natural...
This fun little tutorial shows you how to make a simple dancer's clock, great for the dancer or musician in your life. ..And, 5, 6, 7, 8. Learn how to...
This fun little tutorial shows you how to make a simple dancer's clock, great for the dancer or musician in your life. ..And, 5, 6,...
Thank you for your question these are 3 movement mechanisms so these should hopefully work for you.
Thank you for your question, the nut is a hexnut that is 10mm outer diameter, 8mm inner diameter and 2mm thick. The spacer is a 14mm outer diameter and 8mm internal diameter. I hope this helps!
The Clock spindle is approximately 11mm in diameter.
Thank you for your question, apologies for any confusion all of our mechanisms will come including the hands and fixings.
Is this something you stock, as I bought a different quartz movement from Maplin and it was compatible.
Hi James, It shouldn’t affect the mechanism as long as the cut the end that doesn’t fit onto/into the spindle.
TW7978 on it.
Can you help please ?
Hi Mike, It is very unlikely that this movement would be identical to the one you need to replace. However as we don’t have any details regarding the original movement it is very difficult to give any further advise. In theory, if the movement fits into the housing and through the centre hole then it may be that it can be used as an alternative movement.
Could you confirm the diameter too please?
I have never replaced the mechanism on my clock , the mechanism on my clock looks the same as the one you sell. But the hands on my clock are smaller. Would I be able to use the existing hands with the mechanism you sell.
Regards Maureen Brett.
Hi Maureen, It is difficult to say if the hands on your clock mechanism would fit onto the one we stock. It’s very lightly that although they look similar the size of the holes on the hand and the way the second hand fixes onto the movement may be different.
Hi Dave, I have just doubled checked and the measurement for the hour hand of 65mm that we list is correct, this includes the circle section as well, so this movement should be fine for the length of the hour hand.
Hello Stuart, Unfortunately this is the only movement we stock. However if you housed the movement in a waterproof enclose with the spindle coming through this you could then have the clock outside. The enclosure could also then form the clock face.
Can you tell me if your clock mechanism is silent or makes a ticking noise? Thanks
Hi Alanna, the movement makes the standard ticking noise as the second hand moves.
I’ve just got a clock movement out and done some measuring, please be aware that I’ve only measured one, so whilst these figures will be indicative of all movements, there may be a small amount of variation.
The inside of the hour hand is measuring 4.9mm and the shaft tapers from 5.0mm to 5.1mm. The inside of the second hand is 2.95mm and the shaft tapers from 3.17mm to 3.24mm. I’m unable to measure the second hand as it is inside the assembly, but I suspect the pin that the hand fits on to is 0.8mm, but please remember this is not measured.
We've ordered a lot of these mechanisims sets from yourselves in the past. Unfortunatly with classrroom use we have run out of the fixings and attachments to the mechanisims (the hands, fixings, washers etc). We still have plentry of the clock mechnaisms left. Is it possible to purchase the fittings separtatly from yourseves rather than full kits with the mechanisims.
Unfortunately the fixings are brought with the clock movements and we are unable to purchase additional fixings in. As such we can only supply them in the packs with the movements.
We stock a standard clock movement, as such I wouldn’t be able to say if it would be a suitable replacement for that specific movement as I was unable to find any details regarding the movement you have.
This is currently the only clock movement we stock, as such we don’t have a movement that would be suitable. Unfortunately we don’t have a shop that you could visit either.
I was wondering whether using cogs/wheels to bring about this effect - with one of these clock sets.
It is difficult to say if this would be complicated and how expensive this would be to do. The mechanism is located within the housing, and as such this would need to be opened up to allow you to make alterations to how it works. After a quick search there seems to be little information on creating these so I would suspect they could be difficult to create.
These are the only clock movements we stock.
The maximum panel thickness for the product is 8mm, so 6mm MDF should be fine.
The maximum panel thickness for a clock face is 8mm.
Unfortunately we don’t have different coloured hands other than what is supplied with the movement.
Our clock movements use plastic hands which weight a maximum of 6g’s, as such it wouldn’t be advisable to use components heavy than this. The clock mechanism can be used with the MDF clock faces which are 170mm in diameter, as such a clock face of 80cm may place a lot of strain on the spindle of the movement.
Is the fixing nut 2mm thick?
I am trying to replace a quartz clock movement and have very limited space. The clock face is 5mm thick and there is a 13mm space from the front of the clock face to the glass. I am prepared to add packing washers to move the movement further away from the rear of the face, but need to know that everything will fit properly. I look forward to your guidance.
The spindle is roughly 21mm including the second hand, and the nut is 2.3mm thick. The thickness of the clock movement body itself is 15.8mm. So the total for the body and spindle is roughly 36.8mm.
We currenlty do not stock spare hands and nuts for the clock movements.
Are you able to confirm these clock mechanisms are suitable for CDs please.
In addition I was wondering if you able to offer us any discounts for quantity purchases of both the cd mechanisms and the fizz bots ?
Yes these would be fine to use with CD’s to create the clock face. However I am afraid we cannot offer any further discount on either of these two products. Each product does have a bulk buy option which reduces the individual cost.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.