Kitronik 555 Timer Astable (Tone Generator) Kit with batteries
This kit is perfect for GCSE students needing to use a 555 timer in its astable mode, where it produces a square wave output. The frequency of which is adjustable via the variable resistor. The board has a choice of two outputs. The logic output can be used to drive another IC or a speaker can be connected so the tone is heard (e.g. a door bell).
The push button switch connects to the reset line such that the IC is only active when the button is pressed.
- The 555 Timer Astable (Tone Generator) Kit produces a square wave output.
- The frequency of the aquare wave is adjustable via the variable resistor.
- 1 x 555 Timer IC.
- 1 x 8 Pin IC Holder.
- 1 x 3.3KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 10KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 47KΩ Potentiometer.
- 2 x 10nF Ceramic Capacitors.
- 1 x BC547 NPN Transistor.
- 1 x Push To Make Switch.
- 1 x PP3 Clip Lead.
- 1 x 3AA Battery Holder.
- 0.5m Connecting Wire
- 1 x Tone Generator PCB
- PCB Length: 40mm.
- PCB Width: 40mm.
- This kit requires soldering.
- Requires x 3 x AA Batteries. and depending upon desired use a speaker, both available separately.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2117.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
I've got various bits & pieces to swap with some of the components.
The frequency = 1.44/(R3 x C1).
Standard relays; coils can switch at anything 5v & up.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.