The 5V Mini LED Lamp Module is the perfect board for anyone who wishes to design a low power lighting enclosure, such as a desk lamp or accent light. The board comes fully assembled and all of the components are surface mounted, including the LEDs.
The triangular PCB has been designed to fit inside a 20mm diameter, or to put it another way, it can fit inside the 2D shape of a 20 pence piece with room to spare! Its small size means that you can focus on aesthetics and function rather than on working out how to make something look pleasing that has to incorporate a large PCB.
The board has been specifically designed so that its power requirements are well within the supply rating of a computer USB port (5V and well under 100mA).
The board also features two power connection pads with a 2.54mm pitch which are compatible with standard 2.54mm pin headers. Additionally, the board also features a single central M3 (4.5mm) mounting hole.
- Although the board comes pre-assembled and soldered, soldering a power source connection may be required.
- Care should be taken when soldering to the + and – pads so that the surface mount LEDs are not inadvertently damaged.
- There are three white LEDs with a luminous intensity of 4800mCd.
- The triangular PCB will fit into a diameter of 20mm, making it ideal for discreet lighting.
- It has been designed such that it is well within the of the supply rating of a computer USB port (under 100mA).
- The power connection pads have a pitch of 2.54mm.
- It also features a single central M3 (4.5mm) mounting hole.
- 1 x 5V Mini LED Lamp Module board.
- Circumscribed Diameter: 20mm.
- Pad Pitch: 2.54mm.
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 4.5mm.
- PCB Height: 1.6mm.
- Max Height: 3mm.
- Soldering Iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- A method of connecting to a power source:
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 35137.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Banish those winter blues with a Desk Lamp fashioned from our 5V Mini LED Lamp Module. The image below shows one of the two lamp designs that were developed by Matt...
Banish those winter blues with a Desk Lamp fashioned from our 5V Mini LED Lamp Module. The image below shows one of the two lamp designs...
Thank you for your question, you could power this with batteries. I would recommend 3 x AAA batteries as that would give you 4.5V.
Thank you for your question, you should be able to use it with a 5V break out board.
Thank you for your email, it should not need a resistor to run from a USB as the resistors are prebuilt into the module, I would say a max of three to be run from a single port as some ports have a max of 200mA and these normally tend to draw 55mA each, if you connect more you are potentially going to damage the USB port.
You probably would be able to run this on the 4.5v however it could be alittle dim.
I am also looking for a board that would allow the microbit to drive 3 or 4 stepper motors. The only one that I have found is from 4tonix, and it requires a Raspberry Pi.
Thank you for your email, you could certainly use the micro:bit to control the circuit but the micro:bit can only supply 3.3V and about 5-8mA so you would have to either set it up to have it's own separate supply or run it using a transistor as in experiment 4 from the inventor's kit
You could run the 3-4 stepped motors from one of our robotics boards but again they would need a separate power source to run.
Thank you for your question the cable is approximately 4-5mm thick and 100cm long.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.