Note: Although this product has been discontinued, we do carry a full range of motors here.
This is the latest version of our Solderless Gear Motor. It provides a compact plastic brushed DC gearmotor with 2 x 0.1" (2.54mm) pitch male pins attached and two pads that can be connected to with crocodile clips. This allows for connection to the motor without requiring soldering.
The first version brought the header pin connection, which was great but we knew we could make it even more useful! Adding support for crocodile clips means it is not only solderless but also incredibly flexible. Now you can deploy motors in the classroom without the need for a technician to solder leads to all of the motors in advance.
The solderless gearmotors are a great choice for use in small robots due to their light weight and they are also ideal for use with a Motor Driver such as the Motor Driver Board for the BBC micro:bit.
Theses motors are intended for operation at 4.5 V, though they run comfortably in the 3 V to 6 V range.
The board has been designed to accept an optional suppression capacitor and there is enough room to facilitate this. This can be fitted or not, depending on the application required.
- Fit them into your buggy/robot without the need to solder a connection.
- Ideal for small robotics projects.
- D shaped output staff.
- Operating Voltage range of 3V - 6V.
- Gear Ratio of 120:1.
- Ideal for use with crocodile leads or jumper leads.
- 1 x Solderless Gear Motor.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.