Buy locally from a partner
The solderless TT motor adapter board is probably the best way of adding a TT motor to a project. Hands up if you've ever partially melted a motor or destroyed a lug whilst trying to solder wires to one? /raises hand... Not anymore! Not only is it easy to fit, it will extend the working life of your motors, especially in an educational environment. Re-use the motors over and over again. You won't even need to remove the TT motor adapter board between builds.
To fit; bend the motors lugs out approx 45 degrees from flat, place the board against the motor lining up the motors holes with the holes on the PCB, screw the two together. You can now connect to the board to your project with crocodile leads and you are good to go!
Alternatively, if you want to use jumper cables instead of crocodile clips; choose one of three connection holes that is right for your project and fit some pins headers to the board. You will need the soldering iron for this one, but soldering to the PCB is a much more appealing proposition than soldering to the lugs on the motors. All the fun of soldering without the smell of burning plastic!
If you combine these solderless boards with our motor driver board for the BBC microbit, also solderless, you can build yourself a working programmable buggy/robot without a soldering iron! Just add a chassis, such as a flat piece of wood, cardboard or perspex, sticky pad everything to it and job done! This activity could also easily be done completely safely with younger children in primary education.
- Add motors to your project without using a soldering iron.
- Simple to fit and use.
- Makes your budget go further by allowing you to reuse motors time and time again.
- Suitable to use with older primary children.
- Connect to the board using crocodile clips.
- Alternatively, you can fit pin headers to the board and use jumper cables (soldering required).
- 1 x TT motor adapter board.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.