This is a Ripstop Conductive-knit Fabric for use in E-Textiles. It is silver plated nylon that is then coated in a copper and tin alloy to protect it from abrasion. This is highly conductive & has a surface resistivity of < 1 ohm/sq. This is a great add-on to any E-Textiles project.
If you aren't sure what to do with conductive fabrics, check out some of these Instructables.
- It's conductive!
- Easily sew electronic features into your next project
- Great for use with the LilyPad
Dimensions:12 x 13" (304.8 x 330.2 mm)
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Hi Shiemaa, The only information regarding this product we have is located I n the datasheet and we aren’t able to get a compatibility certificate. I have contacted the supplier to get if this material is suitable for skin contact and they have stated that the fabric is tin/nickel over silver-plated nylon. This is safe for humans to handle; however, skin oils will eventually cause the fabric to oxidize, changing both its colour and conductivity.
Hi Anne, The conductive fabric is designed to enable you to add e-textiles to a project. There is no indication of this product being able to be used for RFID protection.
Hello Dzung, Firstly I would like to apologise for the confusion as this product doesn’t stretch. The product you need to look at if you require it to be stretchy is product 2717. The conductivity the fabric may alter slightly when stretched. We measured around a 10% decrease in conductivity when full stretched.
In theory this might work if set up correctly but we can’t be responsible if the system fails, as such we are unable to provide any details regarding this. Homemade equipment could fail at any time and as such this should be kept in mind.
Yes it could be used as a switch although it may be better to use Conductive Hook & Loop (Velcro) Strip - 2.5 cm x 10 cm as this will give a better connection. Also the material won’t be affected being in touch with skin.
Yes it can be washed, however it would be advisable to hand wash the fabric, and then ensure it is completely dry before placing any power through it again
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.