This LED slowly cycles through various colours, making it ideal for mood lighting, toys or ornaments.
|Operating voltage:||2.8V to 5V (this LED does not require a current limit resistor)|
|Brightness:||Red: 330 mCd Blue 500 mCd Green 750 mCd|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Thank you for your question that should work as the LED runs from 2.8V to 4.5V and 2 x AA would supply about 3V so should be fine.
Hi Tony, The issue with connecting these to a supply voltage higher than 5V and then trying to limit this using a resistor is that the LED works by turning on different amounts of red, green & blue LEDs therefore to get red just the red LED is on to get purple the red and blue LED are on. This means that the current consumption of the LED when purple will be twice the current of the red as twice as many colours are on. The way you would normally work out the current limit resistor is to look at how much current the LED takes and the voltage that would drop across the resistor, the issue is that whilst there would be 4V over the resistor the current is variable. This means that you can’t work out what the value of the resistor using theory. The better option is to use a 5V regulator to drop the 12V’s down to the 5V supply that these LED’s can handle.
Hi Sam, The colour changing LED’s are rated to 5V’s so you wouldn’t require a resistor for these. In terms of putting them in parallel you would need to make sure that you have enough current to supply the LED’s. Each LED takes between 20-25mA, and some of the colours can take up to 50mA’s.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.