This is a conductive knit fabric for use in e-textiles. It is silver-plated nylon that is stretchy in one direction. It is highly conductive with a surface resistivity of < 5 ohm/sq. This is a great add-on to any LilyPad project. Medtex 180 Ag Nylon single directional stretch.
If you aren't sure what to do with conductive fabrics, check out some of these Instructables.
- It's conductive!
- Easily sew electronic features into your next project.
- Great for use with the LilyPad or our Electro-Fashion range.
Dimensions:12 x 13" (304.8 x 330.2 mm)
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Hi Nickie, The resistance of the fabric doesn’t alter much, we measured around a 10% difference from when the material was stretched to when it was under no strain. The surface resistance on average is <5Ohms/sq.
We currently are unable to obtain the conductive fabric in a larger size. However you would be able to connect two pieces together, as long as they were tightly held together the fabric would conduct. You could use normal thread, conductive thread or even conductive Velcro to secure the pieces together.
The conductive fabric can be used to connect components together, however you would need to connect the components to the conductive fabric using the conductive thread.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.