Buy locally from a partner
This unit provides a simple way of adding flashing white LEDs to a textiles project using conductive thread. The unit is programmed with a number of flashing patterns, which are selected by a push-button on the mainboard. Pressing this button cycles through the following patterns: all LEDs constantly on, slow flash all on all off, fast flash each in turn and turned off. The device features auto-off, which turns the unit off after 30 minutes to preserve battery life.
This kit is supplied pre-built so requires no soldering. Each kit comprises three small PCBs. The largest of the three PCBs holds an LED plus the control electronics, battery and a push button. On both of the remaining PCBs there is an LED, these are connected to the mainboard with conductive thread (supplied).
Depending upon flash pattern the battery lasts for approximately two days of constant use.
This kit is also available in a retail version.
- Everything you need to complete one project.
- Flasher control unit with 3 separate modes.
- Additional LEDs.
- Full instructions for assembly.
- Auto-Off to preserve battery life.
- 1 x Flasher Control Board.
- 2 x Sewable White LEDs.
- 1 x CR2032 Coin Cell Batteries.
- 1 x 2m Conductive Thread.
- Flasher Control Unit Length: 34mm.
- Flasher Control Unit Width: 20mm.
- Flasher Control Unit Height: 9mm.
- Ultra-slim LED Length: 15mm.
- Ultra-slim LED Width: 6.5mm.
- Ultra-slim LED Height: 2.7mm.
- CR2032 Battery Height: 3.2mm.
- CR2032 Battery Diameter: 10mm.
- The coin cell holder in this pack contain Nickel and should not be used in designs where it will be in prolonged contact with the skin.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Coin cells should be kept out of the reach of small children as they are very dangerous if swallowed, when immediate medical intervention is required.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Annabelle Greaves of Hello Violaceous specialises in handcrafted bags, purses and accessories. Some of her stunning designs feature E-Textile electronics and show just how effective E-Textiles can be. After gaining a...
Annabelle Greaves of Hello Violaceous specialises in handcrafted bags, purses and accessories. Some of her stunning designs feature E-Textile electronics and show just how effective E-Textiles...
Description This project uses a flasher controller that is inserted into a pocket in the product. No specialist techniques are used to attach the unit and there is also a...
Description This project uses a flasher controller that is inserted into a pocket in the product. No specialist techniques are used to attach the unit...
Hi Emily, Unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to use the light sensing coin cell holder to control the flasher holder. You would need to use the Light level detector board along with a programmable board such as the Igloo. 2754-electro-fashion-light-level-detector, 2751-electro-fashion-sewable-picaxe-control-board
All of our distributes can be found here, distributors. However you are able to buy from us direct as we do ship to the United States.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.