This is a sample of our 5mm thin Side Pressed Caramel bamboo sheets measuring 98mm x 98mm. This offers a perfect way of checking the suitability of a material without having to buy a complete sheet first. Check the finish of the material and get the perfect settings for your laser without having to practice on a full-sized/priced sheet.
These Bamboo sheets have 2 very distinct sides, the show face and the no show face. The show face presents the material in the best possible light and contains few imperfections and minimal evidence of nodules. The no show face, or the underside of the sheet, may look quite different from the show face. There could be more visible evidence of nodules and there may also be other imperfections, such as cracks.
Bamboo is a versatile product and these thin Side Pressed sheets can be cut by hand or on the laser cutter. Bamboo is one of the fastest-growing, renewable resources in the world and it absorbs CO2 in large quantities. With its properties comparable to hardwood, bamboo is the ideal alternative to increasingly scarce tropical hardwoods.
The bamboo strips are positioned side by side, glued and then pressed together. This creates a narrow line pattern with the internal grain visible in a subtle way. Although giant Bamboo is a grass and not a wood, the fully mature bamboo has hardwood like qualities insomuch that it is hard and durable. This means it can be used as flooring, decking and as wall panels. Because the bamboo is in strips and also because of its properties it will shrink and swell less than most solid woods. This means that bamboo is an incredibly stable material. Sustainable and Green.
Bamboo is an endless resource. It grows faster than any other plant, up to 1 meter per day! During growth, bamboo absorbs more CO2 than is released during production. They are therefore CO2 neutral over the complete life-cycle. Bamboo is easily recycled. Bamboo has so many interesting properties that we've created a separate guide. Find out more here.
- Colour Variation: The colour of these bamboo sheets can vary from batch to batch.
- Size Variation: Because of the nature of the product and how it is produced the size of this product can vary. Length and Width dimensions can be subject to a variance of +/-5%. Thickness can also vary, by as much as +10%.
- Bowing: These Bamboo sheets can exhibit bowing due to moisture absorption. As these sheets are 5mm thick, correcting the bow for laser cutting may be problematic. For smaller cuts, the laser height can be adjusted accordingly but for larger cuts, the material would have to be flat to the laser bed.
- Customer Service: If you have any doubts or concerns about the suitability of this product for your needs, please contact our customer services team prior to ordering.
- Bamboo is hard and durable and can be used in place of hardwoods, plywoods and MDF sheets.
- Bamboo is also often used as flooring, decking and as wall panels.
- It is harvested from the fastest growing plant in the world and in a non-destructive and sustainable way.
- During growth, bamboo absorbs more CO2 than is released during production.
- Bamboo can be easily recycled.
- Bamboo is anti-static, anti-allergic and has low emissions of volatile organic compounds.
- 1 x 5mm Bamboo Side Pressed Caramel sheet - Sample
- Length: 98mm.
- Width: 98mm.
- Thickness (nominal): 5mm.
- Laser cutter or hand tools.
- The tolerance for the thickness of bamboo sheets is highly atmospherically dependent. The bamboo can also change thickness after delivery if moisture is absorbed during storage. We have seen material thicknesses of +10%.
- Sheet Length and Width dimensions may also vary by up to 5%.
The image below shows the possible imperfections that may be present on the no show face/underside of a Bamboo sheet.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Thank you for your question, in my experience with the material so far it generally bows less than plywood but it is harder to pin the corners of the material when you do have warp which can make it tricky. We found neodymium magnets worked the best to pin them when there was warp but could still be a little tricky to get it completely flat.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.