Please note: European delivery is temporarily disabled due to significant delays and other issues (Important info for EU customers)
16 ultra bright smart LED NeoPixels are arranged in a circle with a 44.5mm outer diameter. The rings are 'chainable' - connect the output pin of one to the input pin of another. Use only one microcontroller pin to control as many as you can chain together!
Each LED is addressable as the driver chip is inside the LED. Each one has ~18mA constant current drive so the color will be very consistent even if the voltage varies, and no external choke resistors are required making the design slim. Power the whole thing with 5VDC (4-7V works) and you're ready to rock.
The LEDs are 'chainable' by connecting the output of one ring into the input of another. There is a single data line with a timing-specific protocol. Since the protocol is very sensitive to timing, it requires a real-time microcontroller such as an AVR, Arduino, PIC, mbed, microbit, etc. It cannot be used with a Linux-based microcomputer or interpreted microcontroller such as the netduino or Basic Stamp.
- May ship with either WS2812B or SK6812-based LEDs. They are the same brightness, color and protocol.
- The Neo Pixel rings are chainable, chain as many as you want together and control them with a single microcontroller such as the microbit/Arduino.
- Each LED is individually addressable.
- 1 x NeoPixel Ring - 16 x 5050 RGB LED with Integrated Drivers.
- Outer diameter: 44.5mm.
- Inner diameter: 31.7mm.
- Thickness: 6.7mm.
- 1 x 5V power supply.
- 1 x microcontroller, such as; microbit, Arduino, PIC, mbed, AVR etc.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
I would probably still go for the LiPo battery on the link below as it can run from below 5V down to about 3.5-4V
They will still be very bright, your alternative would be 3 x Rechargeable AA batteries like the below that can be charged from something like the option on the second link.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.