These power LED stars offer an extremely high light output in an energy efficient way. The power LED comes mounted on to special PCB star that acts to draw heat away from the LED, therefore extending it operational life. This makes them perfect for many lighting applications, a datasheet can be viewed detailing a few applications.
|Forward Voltage:||3.5V - 4.0V|
|Colour Temp:||6000K - 7000K|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Thank you for your question, you would likely need a resistor with 2.2 Ohms. If you look on the link below we have a few more details.
Hi Lizzie, You would need to connect them in parallel, and you would need to defiantly use a power supply. One that is rated 5V 5A.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Phill, Unfortunately due to the current drain of the LED star batteries are not recommended as shown in this datasheet in the section ‘using the LED’, https://www.kitronik.co.uk/pdf/Using_a_Kitronik_3W_star_LED.pdf and on the second page it shows what power supply should be used.
You might be able to use a potentiometer, however you would need to ensure this is rated to at least 3W. You might find though that as you turn the potentiometer there is little difference in the brightness and then suddenly the Led will turn off. The best way to do this is to use a micro-controller to quickly turn the LED on and off.
No you don’t require a heat sink, the power LED comes mounted on to special PCB star that acts to draw heat away from the LED, therefore extending its operational life. However please note during use the star LED and resistor will become hot and as such shouldn’t be touched.
The 3W LED star draws around 300mA, so a 5V 1A power supply would be suitable.
Afon Taf High School.
There isn’t a kit for this one but if you use this tutorial on how to use a 3W LED star that shows the components required for the circuit, https://www.kitronik.co.uk/blog/how-to-use-3w-star-led/
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.