This PICAXE-08M2 USB Starter Pack is ideal for getting familiar with PICAXE chips and the endless possibilities of applications associated with PICAXE.
PICAXE is an easy to use, cost effective, customisable, expandable solution for all of your programming needs. Customise your code for a number of uses based on the specifications of the chip.
The software features both simple flowchart and full programming capabilites in the BASIC programming language.
To get started with the PICAXE® system, a starter pack is recommended. You can click here to view our PICAXE webpage and download the PICAXE software from the links provided.
The Proto Board supplied in this pack is a small self-assembly board that allows rapid prototyping of PICAXE-08 circuits. The board provides the basic circuit and download connector, with a small prototyping area to allow connections of input and output circuits. Examples include connecting LEDs, buzzers and sensors.
- Easy to use chip.
- Cost effective when compared to other programmable chips.
- Easy to understand flowchart programming.
- Easily expandable, modular design.
- Programming language used for the chip is easy to customise/tweak.
- IC size: 8 pins.
- Memory (lines): 2048.
- Parallel tasks: 4.
- Inputs / outputs: 1-4 / 1-4.
- 1 x PICAXE USB Download Cable.
- 1 x 3xAA battery Cage with Clip (3 x AA Batteries not included).
- 1 x PICAXE-08 Proto Board (Self-assembly required).
- 1 x PICAXE-08M2 chip.
- This starter pack requires self-assembly.
- You need to download the PICAXE programming software in order to start using your PICAXE chip.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.