Buy locally from a partner
This classic project uses the PIC microcontroller to create an electronic dice. Students can choose to activate the dice by a switch or light sensitive LDR. Includes PICAXE-08M2LE chip.
Pack of 5.
Click here to download datasheet
PICAXE M2 series chips
The M2 series PICAXE chips are more powerful than the regular M chips. The pins can be configured to give the number of inputs and outputs your project needs. The parts allow for more complex programs to be written as they have more memory and more variables. There is support for additional peripherals such as elapsed time, internal temperature reading, serial comms interfacing and so on. The big change with the M2 series chips is that your software can run several flow charts simultaneously.
The PICAXE Cyberpet, alarm & dice are now supplied with an 08M2LE which is a lite edition of the 08M2 chip. It is more powerful than the 08 chip previously supplied with the kit, but only has one start and less memory than the full 08M2.
Note:If the chip you plan on using isn’t listed in you software you will need to upgrade it.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Unfotunately this isn't a kit we make and the supplier hasn't provided a mechanical drawing. If you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I can measure up the board and make one for you.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.