Please note: European delivery is temporarily disabled due to significant delays and other issues (Important info for EU customers)
Our learn to solder pack is the ideal low cost solution for teaching soldering in the classroom/after school club. The pack provides all of the parts and PCB's required for a class size of 25 and also includes a 9V battery for testing purposes. Each pack comprises; 25 x PCBs, 100 x 100 ohm resistors, 25 x LED's, and a 9V PP3 battery.
We have also produced a step by step guide to soldering, which covers; equipment, solder, tinning & cleaning, soldering in 8 steps, de-soldering in five steps, wire preperation, examples of good and bad solder joints, basic PCB repair, resistor information, LED information, full step by step build information for the kit, and how the learn to solder kit works. This guide covers everything that you might need to discuss with students and can form the basis of your lesson plan.
Using the kits and the step by step guide, each student will solder four resistors and one LED to their PCB before pressing it to the terminals of the 9V battery to check that their board works. Using the guides they will be able to examine their own work and troubleshoot problems. The battery pads on the PCBs have been shaped inline with the battery terminals on a PP3 battery making it straightforward to see which way around it should be placed on the battery.
- Purpose built PCBs that can be tested, once built, with the supplied 9V PP3 battery.
- Low cost classroom pack for 25 students.
- Easy build kit.
- Full teaching resources and step by step guides available for this kit below.
- 100 x 100 ohm Resistors.
- 25 x Red 5mm Diffused LED - 275mCd.
- 25 x Learn To Solder PCBs.
- 1 x 9V Zinc Chloride PP3 Battery.
- Built Height: 11mm.
- PCB Length: 31mm.
- PCB Width: 21mm.
- PCB Height: 1.5mm.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.