Research optical phenomena and experiment with light! The planetary model provides a visual explanation of the phases of the moon as well as solar and lunar eclipses. Optical lenses with different focal lengths, mirrors, LED light barriers, and a large number of parts allow students to build a microscope, magnifying glass, telescope, and periscope. The sundial can be used to tell the time. The model uses fiber optics to explain what a total reflection is, and how light can be used to transmit data. This educational construction set gives students an in-depth look at the world of optics and light. Optics & Lights can be used in both supervised and unsupervised learning, and is part of the basic equipment at many schools.
Innovative fischertechnik learning materials support you in teaching technical concepts in a practical way and introducing them to your secondary school and college students or your apprentices.The included didactic activity booklet with teacher and instructional materials offers display models and tasks to help you quickly prepare lessons, and includes problems with solutions, handouts, and copy templates.
The total of 270 fischertechnik parts are clearly divided in one sorting insert. Everything is delivered in a sturdy storage box, along with easy to understand assembly instructions for 15 models of different difficulty levels.
This pack covers; Refraction, Reflection of light, Light and shadow, Fiber-optic cable, Optical illusions.
- Practical STEM learning that covers optics and lights.
- Build 15 different Models.
- Each kit contains 270 components.
- Suitable for Primary level, Secondary level.
- Key Learning Objectives Include:
- Research optical phenomena and experiment with light.
- Understand the key points refraction, reflection, light and shadows, fiber optics, and optical illusions.
- Understand how lenses work with different focal lengths, LEDs, mirrors, fiber optics, LED light barriers, and much more.
- Build a microscope, magnifying glass, telescope, periscope, sun dial, Morse telegraph, planetary model, and much more.
- Deepen and practice project and group work.
- 1 x Fischertechnik - Optics and Lights STEM Pack (containing 270 parts).
- Parts Summary.
- Length: 44cm.
- Width: 31.5cm.
- Height: 8cm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.