These mixed colour 8 packs of 3mm Sweet Pastile Sheets measuring 600mm x 400mm are our yummiest and most vibrant acrylic range to date. Even the names will make your mouth water! Sweet Pastels also have all of the excellent physical properties of standard cell cast acrylic sheets so they can be used for all of the same applications. They are suitable for both laser cutting and working by hand. Improve your outcomes today with this fun and inspiring pick and mix of colour.
Each mixed colour 8 pack contains one each of the following colours; Raspberry Sherbet (light red), Lemon Bon Bon (light yellow), Candy Floss Blue (light blue), Spearmint Green (light green), Orange Fizz (light orange), Coral Candy (amber), Parma Violet (light purple) and Sour Grapes (pink).
The sheets feature a Matt finish on one side and a Gloss finish on the other, providing the best of both worlds in a single sheet. The sheets are opaque and thus have low levels of light transmission. They are also as strong and durable as regular Perspex acrylics, making them suitable for the most demanding of needs.
Initially designed with the retail industry in mind these sheets lend themselves to; arts and crafts, attractive project enclosures, signage, point of sale, architectural installation, casings, Design & Technology projects and much more. The image below illustrates how you can use multiple colours to create a single item. Functional, imaginative, and they look unique-- and tasty.
Working with Perspex acrylic sheets:
Perspex is a versatile material that can be cut, drilled, laser cut and thermoformed
Perspex is a thermoplastic which means that when it is heated above 140-180°C it becomes flexible. This allows the material to be formed into the required shape or bent. Once the material cools below 85°C it becomes rigid again.
Perspex sheets are often shaped using a CNC router or laser cutter. The edge of laser cut Perspex has a pleasing polished look. If you look carefully at the edge of a piece of laser cut Perspex you can often see slight vertical lines that are caused by the pulses a laser uses when cutting.
If you want to get a perfectly smooth finish on the edge of a piece of machined Perspex a polishing technique can be used. Typical polishing techniques include diamond polishing and flame polishing.
It also possible to etch the surface of a Perspex sheet using a laser cutter. This can produce some very pleasing visual effects. The Perspex sheets have a protective film on both faces. If you are etching the material then this should be removed from the surface that is to be etched. If you are just laser cutting then this film can be left in place (if you wish) as it does not create any harmful gases when it is laser cut (unlike PVC).
More detailed information and resources on working with Perspex can be found in our resource section.
- Each mixed colour pack of Sweet Pastels Perspex Sheets, 3mm x 600mm x 400mm, contains the following colours;
- Length: 600mm (nominal).
- Width: 400mm (nominal).
- Thickness: 3mm (nominal).
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of cast Perspex acrylic sheets is the stated thickness +/-10% plus +/- 0.4mm. This means a 3mm Perspex sheet could be between 2.3mm and 3.7mm in thickness.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, wooden boxes, HIPS and MDF sheet orders (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPs, wooden boxes, and MDF sheets (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.