This is a sample pack of our Value Acrylic Sheets. The sample pack contains 9 samples, they are; Frosted, Clear, Black, White, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange. The individual samples are approximately 3mm x 111mm x 57mm. The samples have been made large enough to evaluate the colours and perform a test cut on your laser.
The surface of the sheets has a high gloss finish. You cannot see through opaque Acrylic, meaning these Acrylic sheets can be used in designs/products to provide areas of solid colour.
This range of acrylic has been specifically sourced by Kitronik to help your budget go further! These cheap Acrylic sheets represent the start of the Kitronik Value Range where we aim to provide the best value materials in the UK market. This is a good quality cast acrylic, which cuts and engraves similarly to branded materials but which are available at a much lower price!
If you are ordering from a UK school, you can obtain one of these sample packs free of charge. Free samples can be requested from this page.
- Colours may not be consistent between batches so for commercial products, where colour consistency is essential, we would recommend picking the name-brand product. However, for the majority of uses, this value range acrylic is perfect.
- Although the White version of these acrylic sheets has low levels of light transference it is still possible to see objects placed directly behind the sheet.
- These cast cheap acrylic sheets represent excellent value for money.
- High gloss surface.
- Very low light transmission.
- Easily laser cut, drilled and thermoformed.
- Schools can obtain a free sample pack from this page.
Opaque Acrylic sheets have many applications such as point of sale, model making, signs, artistic and architectural installation, casings, etc.
Working with Acrylic sheets:
Acrylic is a versatile material that can be cut, drilled, laser cut and thermoformed.
Acrylic is a thermoplastic which means that when it is heated above 140-180°C it becomes flexible. This allows the material to be formed into the required shape or bent. Once the material cools below 85°C it becomes rigid again.
Acrylic sheets are often shaped using a CNC router or laser cutter. The edge of laser-cut Acrylic has a pleasing polished look. If you look carefully at the edge of a piece of laser-cut Acrylic you can often see slight vertical lines that are caused by the pulses a laser uses when cutting.
If you want to get a perfectly smooth finish on the edge of a piece of machined Acrylic a polishing technique can be used. Typical polishing techniques include diamond polishing and flame polishing.
It also possible to etch the surface of an Acrylic sheet using a laser cutter. This can produce some very pleasing visual effects.
More detailed information and resources on working with Acrylic can be found in our resource section.
- 1 x Frosted Value Acrylic Sample 3mm x 111mm x 57mm
- 1 x Clear Value Acrylic Sample 3mm x 111mm x 57mm
- 1 x Black Value Acrylic Sample 3mm x 111mm x 57mm
- 1 x White Value Acrylic Sample 3mm x 111mm x 57mm
- 1 x Red Value Acrylic Sample 3mm x 111mm x 57mm
- 1 x Blue Value Acrylic Sample 3mm x 111mm x 57mm
- 1 x Green Value Acrylic Sample 3mm x 111mm x 57mm
- 1 x Yellow Value Acrylic Sample 3mm x 111mm x 57mm
- 1 x Orange Value Acrylic Sample 3mm x 111mm x 57mm
- Length: 111mm.
- Width: 57mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (nominal).
- The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of cast acrylic sheets is the stated thickness +/-10% plus +/- 0.4mm. This means a 3mm Acrylic sheet could be between 2.3mm and 3.7mm in thickness.
- Please note that it is possible for there to be slight colour variations between batches.
- The manufacturing process for these sheets can lead to variances in length and width measurements between batches. Tolerances of up to +/- 1.7% are possible. The maximum we have recorded is plus 10mm to a length measurement.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 43311.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.