This metallic 3mm Silver Perspex Acrylic Sheet measures 300mm x 200mm. The gorgeous metallic finish makes it ideal for luxurious looking applications. Both sides of the sheet have a high gloss finish.
- Ideal metal substitute.
- Very low light transmission.
- Easily laser cut, drilled and thermoformed.
Silver Metallic Perspex acrylic sheets have many applications such as point of sale, model making, signs, artistic and architectural installation, casings, etc.
Working with Perspex acrylic sheets:
Perspex is a versatile material that can be cut, drilled, laser cut and thermoformed. Note when laser cutting place the rear side of the Perspex to the top, so the laser is not bouncing off the reflective surface.
Perspex is a thermoplastic which means that when it is heated above 140-180°C it becomes flexible. This allows the material to be formed into the required shape or bent. Once the material cools below 85°C it becomes rigid again.
Perspex sheets are often shaped using a CNC router or laser cutter. The edge of laser cut Perspex has a pleasing polished look. If you look carefully at the edge of a piece of laser cut Perspex you can often see slight vertical lines that are caused by the pulses a laser uses when cutting.
If you want to get a perfectly smooth finish on the edge of piece of machined Perspex a polishing technique can be used. Typical polishing techniques include diamond polishing and flame polishing.
It also possible to etch the surface of a Perspex sheet using a laser cutter. This can produce some very pleasing visual effects. The Perspex sheets have a protective film on both faces. If you are etching the material then this should be removed from the surface that is to be etched. If you are just laser cutting then this film can be left in place (if you wish) as it does not create any harmful gases when it is laser cut (unlike PVC).
More detailed information and resources on working with Perspex can be found in our resource section.
- 1 x Silver Perspex Sheet (Metallic) 3mm x 300mm x 200mm.
Perspex colour reference code:
- Length: 300mm.
- Width: 200mm.
- Thickness: 3mm (nominal).
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of cast Perspex acrylic sheets are the stated thickness +/-10% plus +/- 0.4mm. This means a 3mm Perspex sheet could be between 2.3mm and 3.7mm in thickness.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.